By Waldemar Heckel,Lawrence A. Tritle
- Written via best specialists within the field
- Looks at a variety of various issues together with Alexander's non secular perspectives, his entourage in the course of his crusade East, his sexuality, the effect of his legacy, and his representations in paintings and cinema
- Discusses Alexander's effect, from his influence on his contemporaries to his portrayals in contemporary Hollywood films
- A hugely educated and relaxing source for college kids and common readers
Read Online or Download Alexander the Great: A New History PDF
Similar general european biographies books
Adolf Hitler is appeared to be the main evil political chief of twentieth-century Europe. by way of providing a severe choice of fundamental resource fabric this booklet examines Hitler's heritage and involvement within the upward thrust of nationwide Socialism, the govt of the 3rd Reich, management of the second one global struggle in Germany and his psychology, to debate Hitler's credentials as a innovative.
They have been abolitionists, speculators, slave vendors, executive officers, and low politicians. They have been observers of the anxieties and dramas of empire. they usually have been from one family members. the interior lifetime of Empires tells the intimate historical past of the Johnstones--four sisters and 7 brothers who lived in Scotland and around the world within the fast-changing eighteenth century.
A super reappraisal of 1 of the main charismatic and strong politicians of the 20 th century, which by means of examing Churchill's profession within the years best as much as the second one international conflict posits the proposal that, had he in basic terms been in energy past, that struggle might conceivably were avoided. 'Exemplary .
A few referred to as him “The Scourge of Princes” while to others he used to be a rogue and a scoundrel. it is a new biography of Pietro Aretino, the sixteenth-century poet, satirist, journalist, publicist, propagandist, artwork critic, social climber, lothario, pornographer and blackmailer of Kings, Popes and Emperors.
- Discourse and Defiance under Nazi Occupation: Guernsey, Channel Islands, 1940–1945
- Isaac Babel (HORS COLLECTION) (French Edition)
- The Emperor and the Saint: Frederick II of Hohenstaufen, Francis of Assisi, and Journeys to Medieval Places
- The Many Deaths of Jew Süss: The Notorious Trial and Execution of an Eighteenth-Century Court Jew
Extra info for Alexander the Great: A New History
Alexander the Great: A New History by Waldemar Heckel,Lawrence A. Tritle